- 332 students
- 46 lessons
- 0 quizzes
- 16 week duration
ASP.NET Core is the next generation of ASP.NET. It’s not the extended version of ASP.NET, instead is the rebirth of ASP.NET. It is a complete rewrite and now cloud-optimized and support cross-platform. So it can run on Windows, Linux and Mac.
If you’re on Mac or Linux and want to build ASP.NET applications without running Windows in a virtual machine, you’re going to love ASP.NET Core! You can use Visual Studio Code (VSCode) or your favorite code editor to build ASP.NET Core applications with C#.
Many companies have already started building their new applications with ASP.NET Core. And they’re asking their new interviewees if they are familiar with .NET Core. So, whether you want to stay in the marketplace and get a better job with better pay, or you just love to work with the latest technology, it’s time to learn ASP.NET Core and Entity Framework Core.
If you are beginner and want to quickly start to learn ASP.NET Core or you already have experience in previous version of ASP.NET and want to transition from ASP.NET MVC 5 and learn about the latest stuff happening in .NET Core. This course will help you to quickly understand the fundamentals of ASP.Net Core and quickly get up to speed with ASP.NET Core. Then take this course and get started.
Building a Real World Web Application
The app you build in this course is for an imaginary bike dealer. The features in this app are carefully designed by Sandeep to help you master the core skills you need to build real-world apps with ASP.NET Core and MVC Core.
By the end of watching this course, you’ll be able to:
- Store and retrieve data using Entity Framework Core (Code-first approach)
- Develop User Interfaces
- Implement CRUD operations
- Learm to create cascading drop-down lists
- Implement filtering, sorting and pagination
- How to upload photos
- Authentication and Authorization
- Deployment of Web Application on IIS and Azure
1. Getting Started
- 1.1 Introduction to the course
- 1.2 What we will build
- 1.3 What is ASP.NET Core and Why to use it
- 1.4 Install Visual Studio 2017
- 1.5 Install SQL Server 2017 and SSMS
- 1.6 Create Basic MVC Project in ASP.NET and ASP.NET Core
- 1.7 Compare Folder Structure (ASP.NET and ASP.NET Core)
- 1.8 Get Ready for your first challenge
2. Working with Data
- 2.1 Introduction and understand entity framework
- 2.2 Create Project and add domain classes
- 2.3 Add DbContext
- 2.4 Add Connection String
- 2.5 Configure DbContext as Service and add DbSet to Application DbContext
- 2.6 Add Migration and Update Database
- 2.7 Verify tables in Database using SSMS
- Exercise and Next challenge
- 2.8 Apply Constraints and rollback previous database migration
3. Understanding MVC Fundamentals
4. Implementing CRUD Operations
- 4.1 Make – Bootstrap migration and create list page for makes of vehicle
- 4.2 Make – Create operation to add new Makes
- 4.3 Make – Delete operation to delete makes
- 4.4 Make – Edit operation to Edit makes and add beautiful icons on buttons
- 4.5 Model – Implement CRUD using ViewModel – Part-1
- 4.6 Model – Implement CRUD Part-2 and Refactor existing code
- 4.7 Extension methods and using it to refactor existing method
6. Deployment on Azure
7. Completing Application
- Adding Bike
- Upload Bike Image and implement Delete Bike Functionality
- Server side and client side data validation
- Implement Cascading Drop down List using WebAPI and Ajax
- Decouple domain and service layer
- Using Automapper to map Service and domain layer objects
- Implement Pagination on Bike Index Page
- Filtering and Sorting a Bike
- Edit Bike
- Bike search on home page
7. Some advance concepts
5.00 average based on 3 ratings
Thank you for the help and knowledge you provided to us.
Thank you for sharing an inspiring learning experience. Many thanks for your brilliant session.
"Thank you for these amazing videos! They are just outstanding! It got me to understand in the best way possible.