- 201 students
- 34 lessons
- 0 quizzes
- 180 day duration
About this course
These are 2 of the hottest frameworks right now for the ‘back-end’ (Microsoft’s ASP.NET Core) and the ‘front-end’ (Google’s Angular) and are well worth spending the time to learn.
This course starts from scratch, you neither need to know Angular 1 nor Angular 2
We start from nothing and incrementally build up our API and Angular front end until we have a fully functional Web Application that we will publish to IIS and a Linux server.
Here are some of the things you will learn about in this course:
- Setting up the developer environment
- Creating the ASP.NET Core WebAPI and the Angular app using the DotNet CLI and the Angular CLI
- Adding a Client side login and register function to our Angular application
- Adding routing to the Angular application and securing routes.
- Using Automapper in ASP.NET Core
- Building a great looking UI using Bootstrap
- Adding Photo Upload functionality as well as a cool looking gallery in Angular
- Angular Template forms and Reactive forms and validation
- Paging, Sorting and Filtering
- Adding a Private Messaging system to the app
- Publishing the application to both IIS and Linux
- Many more things as well
Tools you need for this course
In this course all the lessons are demonstrated using Visual Studio Code, a free (and fantastic) cross platform code editor. You can of course use any other code editor like Visual Studio as well and any Operating system you like… as long as it’s Windows, Linux or Mac
Is this course for you?
This course is very practical, about 90%+ of the lessons will involve you coding along with me on this project. If you are the type of person who gets the most out of learning by doing, then this course is definitely for you.
This course will teach you all the fundamentals about modules, directives, components, data binding, routing, HTTP access and much more! We will take a lot of deep dives and each section is backed up with a real project. All examples showcase the features Angular offers and how to apply them correctly.
Specifically you will learn:
- Learn how to build a web application from start to publishing using ASPNET Core (v3.1), Entity Framework Core and Angular (v9)
- Students who complete this course will have a practical understanding of Angular and ASPNET Core
- Understand how to structure an Angular application using best practices
- Learn how to integrate 3rd party components into the Angular application
- Use Visual Studio code effectively to improve workflow
- Use AutoMapper
- Implement drag and drop photo upload integrating into a cloud platform
- Implement a private messaging system
- Implement filtering, sorting and paging of data
- Display notifications in Angular via AlertifyJS
- Implement Authentication using JWT Authentication tokens
- Handling errors in the API and the SPA
- Persist data using Entity Framework Core
- We will build a major project in this course
- And more…
Are there any course requirements or prerequisites?
- No Angular 1 or Angular 2, dot net core knowledge is required!
- Basic HTML and CSS knowledge helps, but isn’t a must-have
- Prior TypeScript knowledge also helps but isn’t necessary to benefit from this course
Who this course is for:
- Beginners to ASP-NET Core and Angular who want to learn practical usage of these frameworks to build a compelling and functional application
- Students who like to learn by doing rather than learning by theory
- Taking this course will enable you to be among the first to gain a very solid understanding of Angular
Setting up Development Environment
Building Application Front End
Creating Web API
4.50 average based on 2 ratings
This is a very good course, it is easy to follow and the examples can be used in the real world.
Super godt kursus som går direkte til sagen Jeg ser meget frem til API Core delen bliver frigivet!