- 332 students
- 46 lessons
- 0 quizzes
- 16 week duration
1. Getting Started
- 1.1 Introduction to the course
- 1.2 What we will build
- 1.3 What is ASP.NET Core and Why to use it
- 1.4 Install Visual Studio 2017
- 1.5 Install SQL Server 2017 and SSMS
- 1.6 Create Basic MVC Project in ASP.NET and ASP.NET Core
- 1.7 Compare Folder Structure (ASP.NET and ASP.NET Core)
- 1.8 Get Ready for your first challenge
2. Working with Data
- 2.1 Introduction and understand entity framework
- 2.2 Create Project and add domain classes
- 2.3 Add DbContext
- 2.4 Add Connection String
- 2.5 Configure DbContext as Service and add DbSet to Application DbContext
- 2.6 Add Migration and Update Database
- 2.7 Verify tables in Database using SSMS
- Exercise and Next challenge
- 2.8 Apply Constraints and rollback previous database migration
3. Understanding MVC Fundamentals
4. Implementing CRUD Operations
- 4.1 Make – Bootstrap migration and create list page for makes of vehicle
- 4.2 Make – Create operation to add new Makes
- 4.3 Make – Delete operation to delete makes
- 4.4 Make – Edit operation to Edit makes and add beautiful icons on buttons
- 4.5 Model – Implement CRUD using ViewModel – Part-1
- 4.6 Model – Implement CRUD Part-2 and Refactor existing code
- 4.7 Extension methods and using it to refactor existing method
6. Deployment on Azure
7. Completing Application
- Adding Bike
- Upload Bike Image and implement Delete Bike Functionality
- Server side and client side data validation
- Implement Cascading Drop down List using WebAPI and Ajax
- Decouple domain and service layer
- Using Automapper to map Service and domain layer objects
- Implement Pagination on Bike Index Page
- Filtering and Sorting a Bike
- Edit Bike
- Bike search on home page
7. Some advance concepts
1.1 Introduction to the course
Hi, my name is Sandeep Kumar and I am going to be your instructor for this course. In this course you are going to learn how to build a real world application with ASP.Net Core with MVC Core framework.
The application you will build in this course is for an imaginary bike dealer. Features in this applications are carefully designed by me, that will help you master the core skills required to build any real-world application with ASP.NET Core with MVC Core framework.
This course is not something like other courses, where you sit for long hours just watching the videos to learn something. In my experience, I never learned anything just by watching the videos. I always learned new things when some challenges came on my path when i was working on any solution.
So this course I have developed as a 60 days challenge program, where I will work with you like a team and I will be your team-leader next 60 days. Every week, I will give you small functionality to develop. You will try to complete that functionality by yourself within a week.
I will also complete the same functionality at my end and publish my code on GIT by the end of every week, which you can download from the link I will provide.
Also I will publish the video which will show you the step by step process on implementing the given functionality.
So you can take two different approaches here
Code First – If you are an experienced developer and already have experience on previous versions of ASP.NET and MVC, and wanted to learn ASP.NET core, you can try to develop functionality on your own and then you can compare your code with my code.
Watch First – Or if you are beginner, then also, I would like to suggest you to dig something yourself on internet, and try to implement the functionality on your own.
But If you don’t want to code first, then you can wait for a week and can watch my video, and in next week you can implement the same.
Scope of this course
It is very important to understand the scope of course so that you should have clear understanding on what you will learn in this course and what you will not.
As the title suggest this course will teach you to Build Real World Application. We will build this application using ASP.Net Core 2.1, MVC Core with Entity framework.
This course is not going to teach you each and every feature of ASP.NET Core, MVC and Entity Framework. Each type of real world application may uses a different subset of feature out of these frameworks.
It is not possible for us to learn everything in one course. so we will focus on subsets of features, which are required to develop the application, we are going to build in this course.
By the end of watching this course, you’ll be able to:
- Store and retrieve data using Entity Framework Core
- We will use Code-first approach in this course.
- Building User Interfaces
- As this course is not something for UI designers, We will keep these user interfaces very simple and will focus more on programming, not on designing
- Implement CRUD operations
- Implement cascading drop-down lists
- Implement filtering, sorting and pagination
- This is very common requirement of every web application, so we will learn here how to filter some records, sorting the records on various different parameters.
- And if there is huge data on any page how to display that data on different pages using pagination.
- Implement photo upload
- Handle and log errors
- Add authentication and authorization
- We will implement login based authentication, we will not cover google and facebook based authentication in this course
- We will also learn, how to show different menus on the base of different roles.
- Deployment of Web Application on IIS and Azure
- I found this is something missed in most of the courses I have ever seen. And it is important learn to deploy your application on IIS and Azure, most commonly used in many organizations.
Next I am going to give you an overview of the application we are going to build, so let’s go.